Tuesday, March 1, 2011

new year, new things


With Brandon and I still out of work we've had to become creative about earning money. I still work for my dad at the spanish fork airport. I've started teaching piano, flute and ballroom dance lessons. Brandon is my dad's taxi driver whenever he needs a ride to and from the airport. The money still isn't very much but it's better than nothing. We've had to cut back on some things like clothing and some of the more expensive food. We definitely like eating at our parent's houses or going to parties where we only have to bring one thing. I've had to get creative with some of my cooking and besides Brandon being an extremely picky eater (and I think it's getting worse) I've made some pretty delicious stuff. I'm quite proud of my honey mustard chicken and my sweet and sour chicken on rice... we seem to be running out of chicken. I'm loving our huge supply of instant pudding and cake mixes, we're definitely packing in the calories we need everyday. Brandon surprised me yesterday with baby spinach leaves and we made this amazing salad mmmmm so good! I think it's kinda ridiculous how excited I got when he brought that big bag of green stuff home. It wasn't too long ago that I would have called it a waste of money. All this talk of food is making my hungry!

We're both in school right now. Brandon is full time this semester taking Utah History, Chinese History, two upper level French classes and an Institute class. I'm taking a Psychology class and an Institute class. We're kept busy with homework and we'll go on a date every once in a while.

I'm getting ready to take over conducting for the bell choir that I've been in since I was 14. I've done multiple rehearsals this season and I'm conducting our solo at the Mass Ring on March 5th (so excited!) I'm way excited for the Christmas season and all of the songs that we'll be playing this year!

Oh and our rent went up this month by 64 cents, weird.
-nrobbins

No comments:

Post a Comment